Current Features in Rage 3D
Rage GL features
- Frustum Culling.
- Full Scene Management using scene graph.
- Several particle systems (some still under development).
- Built in Bumpmapping.
- Character animation with weighted blending.
- Distance blending.
- Supports full OpenGL 2.0 specifications.
- Material state management.
- Inherent support for GLSL.
- Custom GLSL shaders.
- Many shaders under development including water shader.
- Dynamic object paths.
- Mouse selection of objects.
- Custom OpenGL functions.
- Camera movement, mouselook and rotation functions built in.
- Built in FPS calculator.
- Interfaces for loading proprietry mesh formats.
- Billboarding on any or all axii.
- Several debug functions to make the development life cycle shorter.
- Inherent 3DS import support.
- Several predefined objects easily added to the scene.
- Many environment functions added, including Fog, Lens flare and Skyboxes.
- Animated textures, Cubemaps, Sphere maps and material lighting is also supported.
- Easily create cube maps directly from the engine to files on your hard disk with one function call.
- Rendering surface created from inside the DLL, or using a supplied rendering surface.
- Move,rotate and scale selected objects in the scene.
- Hide or show the windows cursor.
- Key handling done using event callback system.
Image formats supported :
- dds (In progress)